Ring our main switchboard number on (0191) 264 1014 or call at reception to book an appointment.
If you need to cancel an appointment please inform us with as much notice as possible by phoning reception on(0191) 264 1014.
Demand for appointments has increased over the years and we are constantly redesigning the way we work to provide a more efficient and responsive service for our patients.
From 15th November 2012 there will be a new system for booking appointments with our GPs. Please click here to see an information leaflet regarding our new appointment system Appointments_leaflet.
Why are we changing?
The system is changing so patients can get the right care from the right person at the time that suits them.
How will this happen?
Patients will continue to phone or attend the surgery to make an appointment; but rather than the receptionist making the booking, they will arrange for a GP (of your choice, whenever possible) to ring you back to discuss your appointment request and arrange the most appropriate health care to meet your medical need.
We also now offer a new ‘Extended Hours’ service. The extended hours sessions are for routine pre-booked appointments and as such are available to all. They are however especially suited to workers or others who may find it difficult to attend during surgery hours. ‘Extended Hours’ appointments will be available on most:-
Wednesday & Thursday mornings between 7:30a.m. – 8:00a.m.
Saturday morning – one per month 9:00a.m. – 11.30am
If you are booking an appointment for a blood test please request an appointment time before 3:40p.m. as the blood samples are collected from the surgery at 3:50p.m. for delivery to the laboratory.
We offer some GP sessions at The Lemington Centre, Tyne View, Lemington, Newcastle upon Tyne NE15 8RZ. Patients who live or work in Lemington may find it easier to see a doctor at the Lemington sessions rather than attending the main surgery. You will still need to book your appointment in advance on (0191) 264 1014, but you will be seen by a doctor in Lemington. There is no facility for patients without a pre-arranged appointment to be seen. The Nurse Practitioner service provided by Newcastle Primary Care Trust at Lemington will continue to be available. Please book Nurse Practitioner appointments on (0191) 229 1806. Click here for location map of the Lemington Centre.
We also offer ‘telephone appointments’. This could save both you and the doctor time, and is part of our plan to make access to our practice easier when you really need to see or speak to a doctor. By dealing with certain problems over the telephone, more of the doctor’s time is free to see other patients.
These are examples of when you might consider a telephone appointment:-
- You or your child have a problem which you feel could be solved by telephone advice.
- Your doctor has asked you to return for review, but your condition is now a lot better. A telephone consultation could save you a trip to the surgery.
- You have a chronic condition, which sometimes needs a particular medication.
- You need an extension to your sick note or a “signing off” note.If you decide to book a telephone appointment the receptionist will take your telephone number (home, work or mobile) and give you a time when the doctor will ring you back. You will not have to wait in for the doctor to have a spare minute – they will do their best to call at a pre-arranged time which is mutually convenient. Please remember that the vast majority of our appointments will still be “face to face”.
If you have problems making an appointment please ask to speak to one of our staff, who will do their best to help.
In order to direct you to the appropriate health professional, we may need to ask a number of non-intrusive questions when you ring for an appointment.
Nurses based in our practice treat patients for a wide range of common conditions and also perform medication andchronic disease reviews. You can pre-book appointments to see a nurse. Appointments can be made at reception or on (0191) 264 1014.
You can help us by:
- Being on time for your appointment
- Cancel appointments if they are no longer needed – by telephoning us with as much notice as possible on(0191) 264 1014.
- Keep us informed of your current home and mobile telephone numbers, home and e-mail address. Please inform reception of any changes (or use the form on our website).
- Tell us if you are in a telephone box. We will ring you back. Say immediately if your call is an emergency.
- Let us know if more than one person in the family needs to be seen as a longer appointment is necessary.
- Book a double appointment if you have more than one problem to discuss in a consultation.
- Tell us if you want someone to accompany you during an examination or a private room to discuss any matters.
- Be polite and courteous to our staff.
- Calling for a home visit or urgent appointment before 10.30a.m.
- Ringing for a repeat prescription between 11a.m. – 4p.m.
- Ringing for the results of tests between 11a.m. – 4p.m.